A fire struck at a bend kennel that housed several dogs at the time.
It was reported this morning (Monday) at around 10 o'clock at "Pet Paradise" on Highway 97.
Bend Fire Department spokeswoman Cindy Kettering says when fire crews arrived the staff was quickly making sure the dogs were okay.
"The animals are fine- there were only 5 dogs inside at the time of the fire and they were all safely evacuated."
Kettering says it was caused by the failure of an old furnace at the business. the damage estimate is at least ten thousand dollars.