KBND Logo

 

On Air Now

Rush Limbaugh
ON AIR NOW
Rush Limbaugh
9:00am - 12:00pm
Contact

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Local News


Combustibles left too close to a propane heater are cited as the cause of a garage and house fire Friday night in Deschutes River Woods.

 

About 7 p.m. Bend Fire is called to a home on Apache Road and find the garage completely engulfed in flames, that had also spread to the house and attic.

 

The occupants of the home, renters Casey Bergum and Jaqueline Dodd-Perry lost nearly all of their possessions, but fortunately, they had renter’s insurance.

 

The investigation reveals that the renters were working on a vehicle in the garage and left materials too close to the heater, igniting and spreading the fire.

 

Fire officials remind you to keep combustibles such as paper, wood, fabrics and furniture at least three feet from heating devices.

 

The estimated the loss is at about $250,000.

Hide Comments

 

Traffic & Weather

 

 

 

  • Lane closures and detours Mt. WA Dr at Shevlin Park Road North to Regency (7/11-11/30)

 

  • Road closures along Roosevelt Ave >< Silver Lake Blvd -Chamberlain St. 7a-5p (9/6-11/20)

 

  • Valhalla Sewer Relocation Project, Mt. Washington Drive at Shevlin Park Road intersection and North to Regency Street. Nighttime closures with detours marked during roundabout construction. Daytime closures for construction towards Regency Street.    7 p.m. – 7 a.m., July – November.
 
LinkedUpRadio Envisionwise Web Services