KBND Logo

 

On Air Now

KBND Morning News
ON AIR NOW
KBND Morning News
5:00am - 9:00am
Contact

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Local News


A potentially explosive gas leak in the basement of the 76 year old Pine Tavern closed the restaurant and several other businesses for a short time Friday evening.

 

Andy Hood with Bend Fire reports around 5:45 p.m., the Pine Tavern staff smelled a strong odor of gas and immediately called 9-1-1 and evacuated the building and surrounding areas.

 

The gas and electricity was turned off to adjacent businesses while crews from Cascade Natural Gas made the repairs.

 

According to the report, a water pipe in the basement had developed a leak and water extinguished the operating flame and pilot light on the water heater, along with automatic valves failing, allowing unburned gas to escape in the basement area.

 

No one was hurt and power and gas was restored to the area by 7:30 p.m.

 

 

Traffic & Weather

  • Brookswood Blvd CLOSED >< Pinebrook and Lodgepole Dr. (5/14 - 9/4)
  • Skyline Ranch Road CLOSED behind Summit High School (4/22 - 7/22)
  • Milwaukee Avenue CLOSED between NW 12th and 13th until July 31.
  • Lane closures Shevlin Park Road 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (7/13-8/3)
  • Road Closures in the area of Summit High School for a cycling event 3:45 p.m. - 7: 45 p.m. (July 16, 29)
 
LinkedUpRadio Envisionwise Web Services