KBND Logo

 

On Air Now

Jim Bohannon
ON AIR NOW
Jim Bohannon
3:00am - 4:00am
Contact

Infinite Menus, Copyright 2006, OpenCube Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Local News


The Bend Parks and Recreation Bond Measure 9-86 passes 51 to 48 percent after a long ballot count.

 

Parks Executive Director Don Horton says their research warned them that the voting would be close; and they are thrilled to have gotten the bond passed.  "What this tells us though is that the community is ready to move forward. And it's tough for people to make the decision to raise their taxes. And so anytime you ask the community to do that, we know that we have about a 30%-35% "no" rate for any tax measure. So you're really working with the other 65% or 70% of the population that will consider if this is the direction for the community to go. And to we're proud that the product we provide, in park & rec, is something this community feels strongly about that they're willing to approve this project list."

 

Horton says they have already begun a little groundwork on the project list; but first, they need to sell the bonds and since they have not sold any since 1976; they need to get a new bond rating.

 

Traffic & Weather

 

 

 

 

Jones Road, full road closure between Bennington Lane and NE Butler Market Road. May 18 – August 18, local access only.
 

Oregon State University off-site improvements for intersection reconstruction, July 11 – August 3,    7 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., at intersection of Chandler Avenue and Yates Drive.

 

Orion Drive closed in two locations for sewer work; at the intersection with Avery Lane and between Desert Woods Drive and King Hezekiah Way.  From July 11 to Sept. 6. Detours marked.

 

Valhalla Sewer Relocation Project, Mt. Washington Drive at Shevlin Park Road intersection and North to Regency Street. Nighttime closures with detours marked during roundabout construction. Daytime closures for construction towards Regency Street.    7 p.m. – 7 a.m., July 11 – November.

 
LinkedUpRadio Envisionwise Web Services